- Picture of boy praying #111
- Picture of a family paying their tithing/coins #113/114
- Picture of a family at church receiving the Sacrament #108
Pass out CTR sticks and ask, I am thinking of a word that is the opposite of wrong, what is it? [right]. When I place a choice before you and the choice is a RIGHT choice, raise your CTR stick:
- You choose to say your morning prayer (hold up GAB picture 111 & hang on chalk board).
- You choose to say bad words when you are angry.
- You choose to pay your tithing (hold up GAB picture 113/114 and hang on chalkboard).
- You choose to sleep in and miss church.
- You choose to be reverent during the Sacrament (hold up GAB picture 108 & hang on chalkboard).
Choosing to do the right is not always easy, but we receive blessings when we try.
Sing the chorus and have the kids raise their sticks when "choose the right" is sung. You point to each picture as the phrase is sung as well (these 3 pictures represent the phrase "choose the right" each time it's sung in the chorus).
Pick children at random to help place words in order as you sing until correct (keep raising the CTR sticks when you sing “choose the right” too). The words will be placed between the GAB pictures so hang the GAB pictures accordingly. Since Jr. Primary can’t read, I’ll pick a card, tell them the word and they will have to help me place it in order.
Sign “Evermore” (This word is in Beautiful Savior in ASL on the church's music website HERE. It's the last word of that song too).
Review the chorus a few times by:
- Boys sing only "Choose the right" (hold up their sticks) Girls sing the rest/switch
- Younger children sing "Choose the right," (hold up their sticks) teachers and leaders sing the rest
- Lights on = sing words; lights off = clap rhythm
- Gradually remove key words so only the pictures remain on the board
Testimony: I am glad that Heavenly Father gave us agency to make choices, and the Holy Spirit to help us choose the right.