I'm calling on the fabulous ideas of all you choristers because I KNOW you can help me! I've decided to do a Road Trip Review themed review activity to help us get ready for our program over the next few weeks (similar to what I've done in years past found HERE). I have several ideas in mind but I need more! Here's what I have come up with so far:
It will look something like this on a poster I'll have printed at Costco (with an option that can be tiled and printed at home):
Each picture location on this image could instead be an area to work on with our songs:
- Words (memorization, articulation)
- Dynamics (tempo, soft-loud, breathing, ending together etc.)
- Presentation (sitting vs. standing, eyes on me, etc.)
- Inviting the spirit
- Final Destination - PROGRAM!
Every song will be represented by a different vehicle (I like the idea HERE) that will drive along the road, charting our progress toward our final destination. And to get each started, they'd have to guess the name of the song by guessing the license plate name:
A fabulous chorister back in January(?) posted her license plate game:
So I'm calling on all of you out there for help! I'd love some more road-themed activities go to with Words, Dynamics, Presentation, Inviting the spirit and maybe a fun car-themed treat for when we reach our final destination on program day. Thank you in advance for your help with my project! I think it will be TONS of fun!!
UPDATE: I've researched a few more ideas that I might incorporate somehow:
- Stop, Slow and Go signs - stop and start singing (suggested in the 2016 outline HERE)
- Road Trip Review from Sugardoodle HERE (I LOVE this but I'm not sure how I could use it - thoughts?)
I hope to have everything firmed up by this coming week! More to come so stay tuned!!